Most of the action in the STAR WARS NES game takes place using either Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, or Princess Leia during the scrolling game sections. You cannot control C-3PO. R2-D2 or Obi-Wan.
Please read about ail of the player controls to understand how to use your characters. Instructions for controlling the landspeeder, Millennium Falcon, and X-wing Stan on page 12 of the manual. Instructions for the Select Screen are listed on page 8 of the manual.
• Enter doors and elevators.
- • Pauses the game. Press again to continue.
• Fire weapon. 1 Swing Llghssaber (Luke only).
1 Run. Holding dawn the B button while walking will make your character run.
Special Move: Long Jump: While holding down the B button, run in the direction you want to jump, then press and hold the A button to jump.
Skipping Text Screens: Pressing any button will speed up the text display in the transition screens. Pressing any button a second time will advance you to the next screen or return you to the game.
During any action screcn. press SELECT to bring up the
To choose your Team Leader or Weapon:
• Use the CONTROL PAD to move the cursor and highlight the character or weapon you want.
• Press any button to choose your character or weapon and return to the game. Han and Leia cannot be selected until they have joined your party.
You cannot display the Select Screen when:
• Your character is in the air. either flying or falling.
• You are aboard the landspeeder or the Millennium Falcon or X-wing in space.
• You are in the X-wing making the final attack on the Death Star.
To Use C-3PO. R2-D2 or Obi-Wan Kenobi:
• Use the CONTROL PAD to move the cursor and highlight the character you want.
• Press A and the character will either display its message or perform its special task.
• His message will be displayed. Press any button to return to the Select Screen.
• His comments often steer you in the right direction.
• Although he cannot speak, C-3PO interprets his messages.
• After reaching the Death Star Control Room, he can display the map of Death Star hallways.
• His messages speak the wisdom of a jedi Knight.
• 1 le can use the Force to resurrect Han or Leia five times.
Was this article helpful?